The Sainsbury Centre lies in the beautiful parkland campus of the University of East Anglia, south west of the historic city of Norwich.
By car, taxi or coach
- Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TJ
From Norwich city centre
- Take B1108 Earlham Road west out of city centre
- Cross outer ring-road at 'Fiveways' roundabout
- Look for brown UEA and museum signs
- Take left hand turn to enter UEA campus via University Drive
From outside Norwich
- From A47, take B1108 Watton Road towards city centre
- After passing through traffic lights for N&N University Hospital, follow brown UEA and museum signs
- Take right hand turn to enter UEA campus via University Drive
Sainsbury Centre Visitor Parking
P7 Opposite the Sainsbury Centre:
- Tuesday– Sunday: FREE, permit required. On arrival report to gallery reception and obtain permit.
- Monday: FREE, permit required. On arrival report to security reception and obtain permit.
Temporary closure - Monday 5 December
The car park will be closed for essential works.
There are four disabled parking spaces outside the Sainsbury Centre, two opposite the gallery reception and World Art School entrances for visitors with mobility difficulties.
Norwich city centre to UEA
First Buses No. 25 (ask for Sainsbury Centre stop on Chancellors' Drive). Service No's. 22 and 26 stop at the main Campus bus stop which is a 10 minute walk from the Centre.
Park & Ride from Costessey (A47/A1047)
Route 511 runs Monday to Friday to the main UEA bus stop during University of East Anglia term time.
See Park & Ride location, times and prices
The main station at Norwich is the nearest to the Sainsbury Centre. From there, take the 25 bus or taxi (approx. 20-30 minute journey). Go to Greater Anglia website to book train tickets
Follow the directions above to arrive on campus.
There are bicycle racks outside the Sainsbury Centre and covered racks between P3 and P5.
Last page update: 22/11/2016