The Sainsbury Centre lies in the beautiful parkland campus of the University of East Anglia, south west of the historic city of Norwich.
By car, taxi or coach
- Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TJ
From Norwich city centre
- Take B1108 Earlham Road west out of city centre
- Cross outer ring-road at 'Fiveways' roundabout
- Look for brown UEA and museum signs
- Take left hand turn to enter UEA campus via University Drive
From outside Norwich
- From A47, take B1108 Watton Road towards city centre
- After passing through traffic lights for N&N University Hospital, follow brown UEA and museum signs
- Take right hand turn to enter UEA campus via University Drive
Parking spaces are very limited. Also, the campus car parks can get full quickly, especially during term time and major exhibitions. We encourage you to use public transport wherever possible – see bus and train info below.
P5 (Central Car Park) adjacent to Elizabeth Fry Building
- Tuesday – Sunday: Free with permit, see below
A dedicated car park for Alberto Giacometti: A Line Through Time and Henri Cartier-Bresson: PARIS exhibitions. P5 has 33 spaces in zone B exclusively for exhibition visitors to the Sainsbury Centre.
- Parking is used on a first-come, first-served basis and free with a permit obtained from Gallery Reception. Exhibitions tickets to be shown.
- If you pre-purchase your exhibition tickets online and choose to have them posted, a parking permit will be sent to you with your tickets.
- Permit to be displayed in your vehicle. No other tickets valid for parking in zone B.
P7 Opposite the Sainsbury Centre:
- Tuesday – Sunday: FREE, first come first served. Visitors MUST obtain a parking permit from Gallery Reception. Priority will be given to persons and groups who have pre-booked for events.
- Monday: FREE no permit required. Parking for Sainsbury Centre visitors only, first come first served.
P3 West Car park
- Weekends only: All day, £1 flat fee
P1 Main Car Park
- Monday - Friday: 6am – 10am, £5 per hour
- Monday - Friday: 10am-6pm, £1 per hour
- All other times (including Weekends and Bank Holidays): £1 flat fee
Sainsbury Centre visitors are requested to park solely in the above car parks.
Norwich city centre to UEA
First Buses No. 25 (ask for Sainsbury Centre stop on Chancellors' Drive). Service No's. 22 and 26 stop at the main Campus bus stop which is a 10 minute walk from the Centre.
Park & Ride from Costessey (A47/A1047)
Route 511 runs Monday to Friday to the main UEA bus stop during University of East Anglia term time.
See Park & Ride location, times and prices
The main station at Norwich is the nearest to the Sainsbury Centre. From there, take the 25 bus or taxi (approx. 20-30 minute journey). Go to Greater Anglia website to book train tickets
Follow the directions above to arrive on campus.
There are bicycle racks outside the Sainsbury Centre and covered racks between P3 and P5.
Last page update: 17/06/2016