The Sainsbury Centre is a welcoming and accessible place for families to visit, we are always looking for new ways to engage with families and children:
- Pick up an activity booklet full of facts, drawing, puzzles and trails for you to do in the gallery, and things to do at home.
- Follow one of our 'find' or 'draw' trails, available on a variety of themes.
- After all the excitement, why not head outside to play in the beautiful parkland that surrounds the Centre?
Mini Studio Workshop
Each school holiday we offer free activities for families to do together at the art table and a new activity booklet to enjoy. Activities are linked to a favourite object or group of objects from our collection – let us take you around the world!
School Holiday Activities, Photo: Andi Sapey
Events for Families
We offer regular events for families and children all year round. Pre-school children can join in creative play with Mini-Studio while older children can enjoy a range of half- or whole-day practical workshops during half-terms and holidays. One Sunday a month, join us for Craft Club, a drop-in activities for all the family to enjoy. These are themed to relate to the permanent collections and require no prior experience, but always teach new observational and practical skills in a supportive and encouraging environment. Keep a look-out for special events throughout the year. Visit our event pages for more details
The Big Family Make
We have 3 baby changing facilities:
- 2 in crescent wing toilets
- 1 in unisex disabled toilets on ground floor
Buggies and pushchairs
The building is buggy-friendly throughout. Lifts provide access the lower galleries and west mezzanine.
Baby and toddler feeding
We are a breastfeeding-friendly gallery and can provide a jug of hot water on request for parents to warm milk or baby food.