Immunity from Seizure
Works of art intended to form part of a forthcoming exhibition at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts that may be covered by immunity from seizure are listed on this page.
Provenance information has been published, requesting immunity from seizure for objects in the following exhibitions:
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
The conditions are:
- The object is usually kept outside the UK
- The object is not owned by a person who is resident in UK
- Importing the object does not contravene any law
- The object is brought into UK for the purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
- The museum or gallery has published information about the object.
All works currently being proposed for or covered by immunity from seizure in the UK are linked to the Arts Council's website
If you have any further enquiries, please write to:
Immunity from seizure
Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts
University of East Anglia